If you are looking for a prepaid Mastercard then you have come to the right place. Money Pug can help you find the right prepaid Mastercard for your needs. Use out handy and easy to use comparison site to compare the best deals on the market and find the options that are right for you.
What Are Prepaid Mastercards?
A prepaid Mastercard is simply a card, like a debit or credit card, that you can use to pay for goods and services. Unlike a debit card, however, a prepaid credit card does not take money direct from your current account. Unlike a traditional credit card, you will not be borrowing money. With a prepaid credit card, you will be spending money that you yourself have already loaded onto your card. If you need to add more to your card, you can simply top them up as you go in the same way that you would top up a pay-as-you-go mobile phone.
Most prepaid cards use either Mastercard or Visa to process transactions. There are generally speaking few differences between the two systems. The main difference is if you use your card while you are abroad, since Mastercard or Visa will set the exchange rate and the exchange rate offered can differ between the two companies.
What Are the Benefits of a Prepaid Mastercard?
There are many benefits to a prepaid credit card, including:
- The chance to keep a tight control on your spending and avoid overspending each month.
- The chance to buy in shops without having to carry cash around, even if you do not have a bank account.
- The chance to shop online even without a traditional debit or credit card.
However, a Mastercard may not be the best option. It is best to compare both Prepaid Mastercards and Prepaid Visa Cards on Money Pug’s comparison site to see which one will offer you the best deal.
How To Pick a Prepaid Mastercard
When comparing prepaid cards, prepaid Mastercards included, you should be sure to consider:
- Charges (if any) incurred for buying the card.
- Charges for keeping the account open.
- How easy it is/ how much it costs to load funds onto the card.
- How exactly you will plan to use the card and how often you plan to use it.
- How much it costs to buy anything with the card.
- How much it costs to withdraw cash with the card.
- Charges incurred (and the exchange rate) when using the card abroad.
Keep these things in mind when comparing the prepaid Mastercard deals on offer and you should find it easier to find the best option your your needs. Let Money Pug help you find all the financial products that you need to keep your spending in check and your accounts in order. Compare prepaid Mastercards and Prepaid Visas today to find out which one is right for you.