The listings below are non-affiliated with us
Compare Life Insurance With Money Pug
- It can be reassuring to know that you and your family are covered should the worst happen. You can get peace of mind by selecting the right form of life insurance for you, and Money Pug can help you to find the right deal for you and your individual needs. No matter how young you are, it is never too early to start thinking about the future, and even if you are much further down the path of life, it is not too late to do the right thing and make sure your finances are all in order and you are ready for what may come. Whether you are looking for a life insurance policy that will pay a lump sum upon your death, want to protect your mortgage payments or get critical illness cover, Money Pug can help you regain and stay in control as you choose the right insurance over for you.
Decisions to Make Before You Compare Life Insurance With Money Pug
- Before you enter your details and receive quotes from all the major providers of life insurance, it is important to think carefully and to answer the following important questions:
- What type of policy do you want?
- How much cover do you require? (Think about any debts, your dependants etc..)
- How long do you need cover for?
- Do you want any added extras such as critical illness cover?
- Who do you wish to include on the policy? (You may want to get joint life insurance cover for yourself and your spouse.)
- What Information Do I Need To Provide When Comparing Life Insurance?
- You will need to provide us with basic personal information including:
- Your age.
- Your sex, height and weight. (To determine whether you are overweight, underweight or healthy weight.)
- Your occupation.
- Any existing illnesses.
This information will allow the insurance companies to create a quote based on your own specific circumstances.
How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
- How much life insurance you will need will depend on your age, health and personal circumstances, as well as the number of dependants you have and the level of debt you carry. You yourself will have to determine how much cover you require – and whether you want to get a level or decreasing policy and whether you also need to be covered for critical illness. You may also wish to consider how much you would like your dependants to receive upon your death.
What Different Types of Life Insurance Are Available?
Level Term Life Insurance
This type of policy will pay a lump sum that has been agreed upon at the start of your agreement with the insurer if you die during the policy term.
Mortgage Protection Insurance (Decreasing Term Insurance)
Mortgage protection insurance, also known as decreasing term insurance, is about paying off a mortgage if you die during the term of the policy. The insurer will work out the calculated amount of cover at the time of your death, and the amount paid will reduce in line with your mortgage repayments.
Critical Illness Cover
With this type of insurance, you will receive the amount you are covered for if you are diagnosed with a critical illness (as defined by your insurer). This may include such things as cancer, heart attack, stroke or loss of limb.
How Can I Cut the Cost of Life Insurance?
- There are a number of ways that you could reduce the amount you will have to pay for life insurance. Here are a few ways to cut costs on life insurance that you might wish to consider before you make your comparisons.
- Stop smoking. Smokers will usually pay more for life insurance than those who have stopped. Other lifestyle changes such as drinking less or losing weight could also save you money on your monthly insurance premiums. Be honest about your medical history.
- Consider a joint policy. For couples (or anyone with a shared financial interest), a joint policy could be cheaper than two separate policies.
- The older you are, the more you are likely to have to pay for life insurance. Since premiums are usually set for the term of the policy, you should consider starting a policy sooner rather than later. However, even if you are over 50, it is still possible to find affordable life insurance deals.
- As with any service or commodity, one of the best ways to save money and get the best deal is to shop around. Use our handy comparison service to find the best deal for you.
Life Insurance FAQs
- You may be able to get life insurance without a medical if you are generally in good health, not overweight and not a smoker, and if, after you have answered some basic personal questions, the insurer deems that you are a good risk. Even when you are not asked to have a medical in order to receive lie insurance, it is important to be honest when you fill out your details, or you may find that you will not be covered should the worst happen.
Unlike life insurance, life assurance offers a policy that will cover you for your whole life, until your death, whenever that occurs. Unless the policy is cancelled, a claim is guaranteed to be made at some point, so the premiums for life assurance are often higher than for term policies. Life assurance will cover you for your whole life, as long as you keep up the premiums, unlike a life insurance policy, which may not have to pay out during the term.
Life insurance is designed to protect your family from a loss of income if you were to due unexpectedly. It is designed to preserve and protect their way of life and financial well-being. Life assurance, on the other hand, is designed to provide your dependants with a lump sum to help them to meet their financial needs after you die. Life assurance is for life while life insurance is for a period of time.
We include every UK Life insurer that offers Life insurance. They are all regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.