Jobs – We’re Hiring!
Jobs – We’re Hiring!
Keep your eyes open and look here for all the latest job openings with Money Pug. Are you a dedicated, committed and passionate person who thrives on the new, the bold and the creative? If you are, then you could be a good fit for our company. All our latest job opening will be listed right here – think we’re missing a trick? Want to get involved? Feel free to get in touch to discuss how you might be able to help, and to let us know how Money Pug would benefit from you as an addition to our team.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing, on a daily basis, the status of the core network, logging incidents where appropriate.
- Escalating, in advance, to the team any likely breaches of agreed deadlines.
- Working with customers; nominated project leads; 3rd parties and other stakeholders to discuss technical service issues and assist with the resolution of said issues.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on Network technologies & features as well as potential integration and added value with other services. Using this knowledge to facilitate or unblock delays in progress of issue resolution & project development as well as defining road-maps and upgrade paths for these services.
- Working with others, assist with capacity & availability management of the network
- Problem Solving: investigate and resolve problems for services within his/her own area of responsibility; escalate where appropriate, following ITIL processes; manage network-related incidents and bring them to a satisfactory closure
- Provisioning network services/devices where appropriate
- You will bring innovation into the business through market awareness and your willingness to trial and learn new technologies and new ways of working.
- This is a hands-on engineering role. Your technical ability will be tested frequently and you will need an appetite to continuously learn new skills and knowledge.
- The role includes the provision of 24×7 on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Willing to work extra hours as needed (including late nights and weekends)
- Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Centralized monitoring and management in medium, high-availability environments;
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge of VLAN and VPN networking
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies
- Basic understanding of core Internet routing protocols and services
- Working knowledge of and ability to support network products from vendors including Cisco ASA, Juniper Networks, Arista, and HPE Aruba
- At least two years of professional experience as a LAN/WAN engineer in a large and complex network environment. These should include one year of hands-on configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience of LAN switches, routers and firewall devices.
Nice to have:
- Experience in LAN traffic and WAN bandwidth monitoring and Network Management tools.
- Practical experience in information security, including vulnerability testing and security assessments.
- Knowledge of QoS and LAN traffic management techniques
- Experience in administering an WLAN network.
- Experience in IT service management and delivery based on ITIL service management standards, supporting innovation and managing change.
- Working knowledge of the design and support of networks using the following protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP
- Designs a solution for the fulfilment of requirements within appropriate technical constraints.
- Can show understanding of enterprise web architecture and designs and how a solution fits into this.
- Estimates size of required development activity – in Story Points or Man Hours/Day as required
- Can breakdown to lower level tasks as required
- Delivers the simplest design in order to achieve the requirements
- Test-Driven Development – Works to the practice of TDD, produces automated unit, integration and acceptance tests, contributes to the development of test cases
- Integration – ensures component built, when appropriate, integrates with other systems without impact
- Source/Version Control – works to and upholds the team practices of source control
- Documentation – Produces the required supporting documentation
- Refactoring – ensures that code gets better each day
- No Bugs – ensures working production quality code, creates new automated tests for each bug fixed
- Ensure data quality/integrity is maintained at all times.
- Contributes at a team level and to team activities
- Discusses the solution in a way that other team members understand
- Escalates appropriately to senior members (Tech Lead, Architects, Delivery Lead) in the team
- Spiking Solutions – delivers solution spikes as appropriate
- Problem Solving – utilises a logical approach in diagnosis
- Supporting/Enhancing of tools and technologies used for delivering code into production environment
- Creation of release packages and grouping of all necessary artifacts
- Documentation of steps for successful deployment into production
- Some line management of Junior members of the team may be required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Understand the iterative software development lifecycle, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Experience of Java
- Experience of AngularJs
- Experience with dependency injection (e.g. Spring/Guice)
- Experience in working with an IDE (IntelliJ/Eclipse)
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience of server/middleware development
- Experience of working with Source Control/Configuration management e.g. Git
- Experience of building RESTful services/systems (JSON / XML-based)
- Experience of integration with services/systems (SOAP / RESTful)
- Experience of using Build Tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience of automated build, deployment and continuous integration
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented (OO) principles
- Demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Demonstrates ability to learn and self-development, keeping up with latest tools/technologies
- Demonstrates a passion in what they do
- Knowledge/experience of cloud computing.
- Experience of Document databases e.g. MongoDB
- Experienced in Agile Practices: XP and Scrum; pair programming
- Business awareness of web domain e.g. natural search, paid search
- Be adaptable to change, especially being able to adapt to new events and recover from wrong decisions
- Demonstrationable Communication skills
- Demonstrable Senior Developer experience
GOOGLE ADWORDS PAID SEARCH
- Day to day support and management of Google Adwords.
- Supporting PPC Managers in driving campaign performance; researching keywords; analysing competitors and ad copy testing
- Supporting budget management across multiple networks
- Analysing results and providing recommendations to improve campaign performance and hit KPIs
- Ongoing, proactive campaign optimisation
- Weekly/Monthly reporting
- Knowledge sharing
- Maintaining accurate, high- quality and organised documentation.
- Help foster great client relationships
- 1 year minimum hands on PPC campaign management experience working within an agency environment, as either a PPC executive
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and deliver insights and recommendations
- High attention to detail
- Numerate and articulat
- Confident with a positive can-do attitude
- An good understanding of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outloo
- Good organisational skills and initiative
- Methodological way of working and ability to cope with competing demands and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Passionate about digital
- Keen to learn and develop and prove yourself
- Positive thinker with high levels of enthusiasm
- Proactive and inquisitive
- Copes well under pressure
- Ambition to succeed
- Sociable, likeable, and willing to be part of a great team
- Great taste in music
Why You’ll Like Working With Us
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on some really exciting brands supported by a really inspiring and friendly team of people
- You’ll join a great talented team who are all driven to be the best they can be, while having a lot of fun along the way
- We offer a place to grow, where you can spread your wings
- We believe in work life balance, you’ll be out the office on time
- We have great culture of like minded people who work hard and play hard, so expect the more than occasional trip to the pub
- £ dependent on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
Content Production Manager
As a Digital Content Production Executive within our Marketing team, you’ll enjoy a great opportunity to support the Head of Digital Marketing in delivering employee engagement campaigns. You will also support our key stakeholders from across the business to execute brilliantly effective and creative channel content for our colleagues firstly, but also our customers and clients.
Working from our Head Office in Blackburn, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the latest comparison site. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years.
As a Digital Content Production Executive, your main responsibilities will involve:
Supporting the Digital Content Production Manager in delivering the transformation required across our newly formed Digital Content Production Team
Managing the team budgets – thoughtfully and efficiently as to maximise the impacts of our funding and cement the necessary ROI (Return on Investment)
Creating and producing effective digital content executions & campaigns for the benefit of MONEY PUG – differentiating MONEYPUG vs. our competitors, through our superior communications quality
Delivering exceptional end-to-end campaign management of our digital channel content outputs for our key audiences; customers, clients and colleagues.
As a Digitial Content Production Executive, your skills and qualifications will include:
Previous experience of developing content outputs and world-class creative delivery for large-scale organisations
Broad experience of digital marketing across a range of digital platforms – primarily the internet and mobile devices, plus other emerging platforms
A proven track record of delivering results in competitive markets, with the ability to prioritise opportunities and activity to ensure the greatest commercial impact is achieved
The ability to analyse situations in order to proactively spot opportunities and purposefully propose positive change and innovation
A proven confident, impactful and high quality communicator and presenter with the ability to ‘communicate our story’ to a vast range of key internal and external influencers
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That’s why at MONEYPUG you’ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at MONEYPUG the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At MONEYPUG, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we’ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We’ll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they’ll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we’ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we’ll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we’ll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. MONEYPUG recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
Who We Are
We are a small but dedicated team who strive to help people save money and take back control for the things they need to spend on in their everyday lives. Like the small pet for which we are named, we are loyal, dedicated and determined, and merely want to please everyone with our super comparison services. Pugs are clever, attentive, playful, sociable, charming and yet stubborn and those are the characteristics we are looking for in a member of our team. Do you have what it takes?
Like our comparison site, Money Pug is all about being able to make a difference. Just as we empower those who use our comparison site to make the right, informed decisions for all their needs, so we like to empower each other to work hard and work smart so we can all thrive. Intelligence, innovation and collaboration are at the heart of our culture. These things can all lead us to become more powerful and in control of our own destinies.
Our Vision & Mission
In our vision, consumers are in control. Money Pug is all about putting the power firmly back into the hands of the people. Our mission, and we choose to accept it, is to provide a comparison service which increases fairness, equality and people-powered co-operation in all sectors of our modern society, and makes sure that everyone gets access to the very best deals for all their needs and desires.
Where We Are
Money Pug is based in Blackburn in Lancashire, located to the north of the West Pennine Moors on the southern edge of the Ribble Valley. We are just nine miles east of Preston, 20 miles or so north north west of Manchester. Our address is: Mentor House, Ainsworth St, Blackburn BB1 6AY.
Want to be involved with what we like to think of as the best comparison site around? Feel free to get in touch to discuss whether you’ll be a good fit for our team.