Money Pug makes it easier to arrange everything that you need for a wonderful holiday away from home. Whether you are just travelling somewhere within the UK, or ranging further afield for an exciting escape from your everyday life, whether you are looking for a family holiday, a romantic retreat, or fun with friends, whether you are heading to a city, to the beach, or to the mountains, Money Pug can make the process of finding your dream holiday a whole lot easier.
How Do I Find My Dream Holiday With Money Pug?
The first thing to think about is what your dream holiday looks like. Is it a city break, a ski holiday, a beach holiday or something more adventurous? Are you looking for a cruise, a UK break or the perfect summer holiday to a more exotic location? Do you have any thoughts about where you want to go? Or specific dates when you want to go away? Being flexible can often allow you to find the best deals, so consider browsing Money Pug’s cheap holiday deals to see what bargains might be available.
No matter what you are looking for, you are sure to find the perfect travel deal for you. Simply surf to the right page and you will find listings of many wonderful holidays that could suit you down to the ground. Once you have found a holiday offer that you like the look of, you can head across to the company offering the holiday to find out more and, if it works for you, to book your dream holiday.
After that, you may think that it is simply a case of sitting back and waiting patiently for your holiday to begin. But it is a good idea to make sure that you are prepared. It is a good idea to make a list and check it twice. Money Pug is determined to make sure that the whole process of getting ready for travel and travelling is as simple and easy and relaxing as possible. To that end, we have put together this handy holiday checklist to help you make sure that you have not forgotten anything important and can enjoy a hassle free holiday. The more prepared you are before you go, the less likely you are to encounter any problems along the way.
Do I Need Travel Insurance?
One of the things that you will usually have to arrange is travel insurance. It is a good idea to make sure that you are properly insured when you travel, so that you can feel safe in the knowledge that you will be covered in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.
Money Pug can help you to arrange the right travel insurance for you, by comparing travel insurance offers from all the UK’s main travel insurance providers. Once you have booked a holiday, simply head over to Money Pug’s travel insurance page to compare policies and make sure you have the right cover in place.
If you are looking for travel insurance you can find more information about what to look for and how to choose the right policy for you on our travel insurance page.
What Other Things Should I Arrange Before I Start to Pack?
In addition to finding the right holiday deals for you, and arranging travel insurance, you should also make sure you:
- Have valid passport(s).
- Have arranged any Visas or other travel documents that may be required.
- Have planned how you will travel to and from the airports at both ends of your journey.
- Have arranged airport parking if this is required.
- Have arranged travel money and thought about how you will pay while you are away. (You can find out more about travel money and all the options that are available to you on our travel money page, and compare all the travel cards etc. that you could use to pay while you are away.)
- Have thought about communications while you are away – will your mobile phone be enabled for roaming? (Could you get a better deal for roaming from a different phone company? If you are out of contract, this could be a good time to think about switching your mobile provider and getting a better deal for when you travel (and in general).)
- Make sure you are aware of what is and is not included in your holiday deal. If you have just booked flights, you will also want to arrange a hotel. With Money Pug, you can compare all the cheapest flights, and all the best hotel deals, so you can put together the perfect holiday for you.
- If you have booked a holiday with accommodation included, you may still want to consider hiring a car, or making other arrangements for your holiday. Money Pug can help you compare car hire from a wide range of different car rental companies, so you can find the very best prices and offers on car hire wherever you are planning to go.
- Make sure you have everything that you need for a delightful stay, wherever in the world you decide to go. Think through your holiday needs from beginning to end, and compare for each of them with Money Pug’s easy to use and handy comparison service.
What Documents Do I Need To Travel?
One of the most important things when packing is making sure that you have all the documents that you need with you. Check and double check that you have your:
- Visas or other documents if needed. (Plus a photo copy)
- Your Driver’s License (and car hire documentation if you are hiring a car).
- Travel insurance details plus your EHIC if travelling in Europe.
- All tickets and details of all flight, hotel and other bookings.
- It can also be helpful to have a list of emergency numbers that you can call if things go wrong at any point during your journey, including emergency numbers for the country or countries you are visiting and perhaps for UK embassies etc.. You may also wish to make sure you have the numbers on hand to report any losses of credit or debit cards etc. while you are away.
What Should I Take in My Carry-On Luggage?
If you are taking a flight, it is a good idea to think carefully about which items you will need to take with you on the plane, rather than packing them away in hold luggage. Items that you should keep with you include:
- Your wallet/purse with credit cards and money.
- Your mobile phone & charger.
- Any essential medication (and a copy of your prescription(s)).
- Glasses or contact lenses if you need them.
- A Hearing aid if you have one.
- Sanitary products if required.
You may also like to have the following on hand during your journey:
- An electronic plug adaptor.
- Other device(s) such as a tablet or laptop (and charger).
- Your own earphones or headphones.
- A camera (and charger).
- A scarf, shawl or blanket for comfort on the trip.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste to freshen up during your flight.
- A lockable case for valuables/ jewellery.
- A pen to fill out landing cards etc. (if needed).
- Book(s), magazines and other reading material.
- Snacks or treats (especially for long flights).
- A bottle of water once you have passed through security.
- Eye mask/ ear plugs for the flight.
- A neck pillow to make your journey more comfortable.
What Should I Have On Hand If Travelling With Children?
If you are travelling with a baby/ young children you may also need to make sure that you have the following items accessible during your travel:
- Nappies, wet wipes etc..
- Baby food/ milk/ formula if required.
- A dummy/ comforter/ favourite toy.
- Books, toys or games to keep kids entertained.
- A change of clothes for young travellers.
What Practical Items Should I Place in Hold Luggage?
Remember that all liquids over 100ml will have to be in your hold luggage. You can choose small, travel size bottles for things you want to have with you, but usually you can place these practical items and other similar things in your hold luggage:
- Shampoo/Conditioner/ Hair Care Products
- Soap/ cleansers/ shower gel etc.
- Lip Balm
- Insect repellents/ bite cream
- Sun cream/ After Sun cream
- Razors and shaving gel/ aftershave
- Contact lens solution
Remember also items like:
- Hair brush/ comb
- Hair dryer
- Hair clips/ bands
- A first aid kit
- Mini travel sewing kit
- Pen knife
- Phrase books, guide books or maps for the place(s) you are visiting.
What Clothes Should I Pack?
Deciding which clothes to take with you (and how many changes of clothes you will need while you are away) can be difficult. When making your decisions about what you will need, think about:
- What type of holiday you plan to enjoy. (Is is a beach holiday, for example, or a ski holiday… will you be active on your adventure, or mostly sitting back to relax? The type of holiday will obviously determine the types of clothes you will need… bikinis/ bathing gear or thermals and outdoors jackets, for example…)
- Where will you be travelling to? (Will it be cold, hot or somewhere in between? What type of weather might you expect during your stay? Will you need shades and a sun hat or an umbrella? Think not only about the weather but also the cultural mores of the place(s) you will be visiting. Is it normal to bare it all or to cover up?)
- What level of luxury do you expect? (Are you planning a cheap and cheerful getaway or something more luxurious? Will you be dining out at swanky establishments? Will you need formal evening wear?)
- Will it be easy to wash clothes while you are away? (If you are on an all-inclusive or resort style stay, you will probably need fewer clothes as you will have access to washing facilities. Those on more adventurous trips, however, may need to consider packing more clothes as it may be more difficult to wash items when you are away.)
- Do you have suitable luggage for your tip? Remember to think carefully and to choose sturdy suitcases or backpacks etc.. It is also worthwhile considering choosing luggage that will stand out from the crowd. Having luggage that you can easily identify can make it easier to see when it appears on a luggage carousel. Have a back suitcase? So do lots of other people. Make sure you tie something onto your case, or stick a bright label on it/paint on it, so you can easily tell which one is yours.Being prepared before you travel is the best way to ensure that you have an enjoyable time away. Let Money Pug help you get ready for your next holiday and follow this checklist to make sure that you are ready to enjoy your next adventure.
The website is easy to navigate and has a lovely clean design!