‘World’s fattest boy’, 12, ballooned to 30 stone before amazing transformation
An overweight child dubbed “world’s fattest boy” ballooned to a massive 30 STONE when he was just 10 has lost half his bodyweight in a remarkable transformation.
Arya Permana, 12, was inspired to fight the flab by his dreams to become a professional footballer.
The Liverpool FC supporter has been praised by friends and strangers online for shedding more than 15 stone in the past two years.
Arya, from Cipurwasari, Indonesia, hit the headlines when he became so upset by his weight as he was unable to play with his pals .
Footage emerged online of him as a morbidly obese child playing in a water tank to cool his body.
Since then, he has had a gastric bypass operation, followed a strict diet and now takes regular exercise.
Speaking from his home today, the boy said: “Now I am happy, I can walk. I can play as well.
“I have become more agile than before. I like playing football too.
“I can walk 5km with my friends and every afternoon I play football with them.
“My favourite football club is Liverpool FC and my favourite player is [Brazilian] Roberto Firmino. I want to play like him.”
Rokayah Somantri, 37, and dad Ade Somantri, 47, said Arya ate five times each day at his lardiest.
The little boy could chomp through enough rice, fish curry, beef, vegetable soup and Tempeh – a traditional soy patty – to feed two adults for a whole day.
But the bariatric surgery last April helped Arya start to tackle the bulge and he’s since ditched the sugar and fat for plenty of fruit and vegetables.
But now proud dad Ade, a farmer, said: “We have been giving him the food that doctors have recommended.
“We don’t give him prohibited foods. He is not allowed to eat sweets or sweet drinks. He is strictly off sugar.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence