The Old over-or-under debate has been around for as long as I can remember.
Turns out, the way you hang your toilet says a lot about your personality.
A study published in The Independent by Dr. Gilda Carle found that people who prefer to have their toilet paper hanging over, where the loose end is draped over the top, are more likely to have a dominant personality.
And people who position the roll under, where the loose end is hanging inside next to the wall, are more likely to be less assertive and more empathetic and easy going.
All that being said, there is actually a right way to hang a roll of toilet paper, and you’d benefit from changing the position if you’ve been doing it wrong.
Why There’s Only One Right Way
The tribe has spoken (when I say tribe, I mean science) that hanging your toilet paper the wrong way can make people sick, and worker’s compensation payments to name a few.
A 2011 study by the University of Colorado discovered that even the cleanest public restrooms are covered in dangerous bacteria that could make you very sick.
The researchers discovered a lot of e.coli, which comes from human feces, around the toilet.
This bacteria can easily be transferred to your hands, and cause health problems, like food poisoning.
So if the toilet paper is hung “under,” there’s a chance that someone’s fingers could come in contact with the wall. And because the toilet paper is closer to the wall, it brushes against it, and the next person’s hands can get contaminated.
Also, when the toilet paper is hung under, someone’s hands may come in contact with the top of the toilet paper as they’re trying to rip out however much they need.
That’s why hanging the toilet paper “over” is the right way.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend