Love Island REJECT: ‘I spent £15k on surgery to get on the show’
After Emily Dorrell was rejected by Love Island producers for the third year in a row, she decided to go under the knife in a last-ditch attempt to get on the hit reality series
The mum-of-one, who works in a tanning shop, spent £15,000 on a boob lift, boob reduction and a Brazilian butt lift, but was terrifyingly rushed back into hospital three days later due to a high temperature. And she reveals that, despite her new look, she still hasn’t made it to the Island. Worse still, she’s also blown her deposit for a house.
Emily, 27, explains, “Before, I was a size 14 with JJ boobs – not the skinny look you see on Love Island.
“I thought the show could kick-start my career – maybe I’d get a fashion line – so I spent the £15,000 I had in savings on the surgery. I thought it was an investment in my future; I’ve seen girls like Olivia Attwood go on to have great careers and make money, so I’d love to emulate that.
“Now, I love my new body, but it didn’t work – I’m still not going to be on TV. I was saving for a house deposit. Now all that cash has been squandered, and I’m stuck wasting my money on rent.”
Single mum Emily, who lives in Coventry with her son, Oliver, five, says she’s been obsessed with the ITV2 show – which starts its fifth season next month – since it began.
Emily applied for the last two seasons, but has never received a response. In desperation, she messaged the official Love Island Instagram account in January, to ask them to consider her this year.
Emily says, “I asked them to think about making me an Islander. I’m bubbly and good fun, so I’d be perfect.
“I’ve read about previous contestants suffering with depression afterwards, but I think I’m mentally strong enough, and I’ve got a great support network around me.
“I was so excited when I got a reply from a producer to say they’d look out for my application, as I thought it meant I might be in for a chance – they were so friendly.”
Emily says she immediately decided on surgery before she sent off her application.
She says, “I know a lot of the Love Island stars have had surgery, so I wanted to maximize my chances by making sure I looked like them. Really big boobs like mine aren’t in fashion. I also wanted a skinny waist and pert bottom.
“I started researching clinics on Instagram, and came across one in Marbella that was recommended by a Geordie Shore star, so I rang them up.”
In February, Emily had a Skype consultation with a surgeon, and a month later flew to Marbella for the six-hour operation, before recovering in a luxury villa, attended by nurses.
She says, “My mum was furious and told me I was being selfish. I’d seen the news about women who have died after a Brazilian butt lift, but the clinic I chose had good reviews.
“I did feel guilty about leaving my son behind with Mum – but I thought I was investing in a future for us if it would bring career opportunities.”
Emily spent £15k on a breast uplift and reduction and a Brazilian butt lift, where fat was sucked out from her waist and reinserted into her bum.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend