Don’t tell your dentist! The shocking amount of sugar packed into each Cadbury Creme Egg is revealed
What Cadbury Creme Eggs lack in their small size, they make up for in sugar content – with six teaspoons packed into every gooey egg.
While they may be relatively small in calories – 173 per egg – each egg contains 26 grams of sugar, mainly due to the gooey, fondant filling rather than the crispy chocolate shell.
Kinder Surprise egg, which is roughly the same size as a Creme Egg, has with just 2.5 teaspoons of sugar per egg.
For those who are able to stop at just one small treat – Ferrero Rochers have just five grams of sugar, or about one teaspoon, per piece.
A 50 gram pack of Smarties will have you eating even more sugar than a Creme Egg – with each small box packing in a whopping nine teaspoons of sugar, or 35 grams.
A UK mother shared a photo of 25 grams of sugar next to a the popular treat, and it’s hard to believe it can even fit in the bite-sized egg.
By comparison, we could eat an entire Kinder Bueno packet – which has 17.6 grams of sugar – and still have eaten no where near as much sugar as a Creme Egg.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence