A six-year-old boy born with a ‘tail’ is being worshipped as a monkey god, but his parents have been forced to hide him away due to the attention.
Shivam Kumar’s neighbours believe he is a divine being due to the unusual growth of hairs on his back, so they shower him with chocolates and snacks.
They flocked to see him as word spread after he was born in Delhi, India, and some came with flowers believing he was a reincarnation of Hanuman, a powerful monkey deity for Hindus.
The growth shocked doctors and Shivam’s parents, including his mother Reena, 30, refuse to shave it off because “it would bring a bad omen for our family”.
The incessant visits took place for almost a full year before the family’s local guru asked them to stop letting people carry on with worshipping him as a God.
The guru said it would have untold effects on his psyche in later life.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence