Baby born with half her head missing SURVIVES against all odds
Ah Neath was born with half her skull missing, leaving the interior of her head completely exposed.
Medical experts feared the worst for the Cambodian tot, but she was finally discharged after months in intensive care.
In February, the little girl was born with a large crater in her head.
The rare syndrome strikes three in every 10,000 US pregnancies and affects the development of the brain and skull.
Ah Neath’s parents, Strey and Heang, were forced to sell their home to pay off their daughter’s medical expenses.
Even though she survived the birth, Ah Neath continues to battle the condition.
Her loving parents continue to fundraise for their baby’s care and future treatment.
“I have cried for days and asked people to donate money.
“’We are poor and have sold our home and land to try to save my daughter. She is healthy, but her head does not have all of the skull.
“’We are facing hardship and struggling to raise her to survive on the planet.
“Our only hope is that doctors may be able to help, or a foreign doctor may help.”
One baby was born without 90% of her brain – but she still managed to survive.
Another heartbreaking case saw a six-year-old boy battle through a syndrome that left a four-inch crack in his skull.
Reported on the star
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend