Baby born with half her head missing SURVIVES against all odds
Ah Neath was born with half her skull missing, leaving the interior of her head completely exposed.
Medical experts feared the worst for the Cambodian tot, but she was finally discharged after months in intensive care.
In February, the little girl was born with a large crater in her head.
The rare syndrome strikes three in every 10,000 US pregnancies and affects the development of the brain and skull.
Ah Neath’s parents, Strey and Heang, were forced to sell their home to pay off their daughter’s medical expenses.
Even though she survived the birth, Ah Neath continues to battle the condition.
Her loving parents continue to fundraise for their baby’s care and future treatment.
“I have cried for days and asked people to donate money.
“’We are poor and have sold our home and land to try to save my daughter. She is healthy, but her head does not have all of the skull.
“’We are facing hardship and struggling to raise her to survive on the planet.
“Our only hope is that doctors may be able to help, or a foreign doctor may help.”
One baby was born without 90% of her brain – but she still managed to survive.
Another heartbreaking case saw a six-year-old boy battle through a syndrome that left a four-inch crack in his skull.
Reported on the star
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence