Over 50s Car Insurance
Compare Over 50s Car Insurance With Money Pug
Money Pug can help you get a great deal on over 50s car insurance. By using our handy comparison site, you can make sure that you can select the cheapest and best option for you and your specific needs. With Money Pug’s easy to use comparison site, you can make sure that you get the right level of cover at the right price.
How Can I Save Money on Over 50s Car Insurance?
- Getting only the level of cover that you really need. (Though often fully comprehensive works out cheapest.)
- Paying upfront rather than adding the interest that comes with paying monthly instalments.
- Considering multi-car insurance and getting a discount for insuring more than one vehicle at the same time.
- Considering changing your vehicle if your car costs a lot to insure.
- Considering black box insurance and installing a telematics box in your vehicle to track your driving.
- Increasing the security of your car, and where it is stored overnight.
- Considering taking a Pass Plus course.
- Driving carefully and accruing no claims bonus.
Does Car Insurance Get Cheaper for Those Over 50?
Can I Get More Quotes as an Over 50 Driver?
Yes. Often you will be able to get car insurance quotes not only from the major providers but also from insurers who specialise in over 50s car insurance.
Should I Protect My No Claims Bonus as an over 50 driver?
Generally speaking, older drivers may have accrued a greater no claims bonus. This could mean that it is definitely worthwhile to pay to protect it. Protecting your no claims bonus could be a good idea because if you lose it by having to make a claim, this could cause your premiums to go up dramatically when it comes time to renew your cover.
Should I Add Extras to My Over 50s Car Insurance Policy?
Before you decide to add any extras onto your over 50s car insurance policy, it is important to make sure that you have read the fine print and understand exactly what a policy does and does not cover. Breakdown cover, legal cover, courtesy car cover and cover for driving abroad are just some of the extras that you might wish to consider.
Over 50s Car Insurance FAQs
We include every UK Car insurer that offers insurance for the Car. They are all regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.