World’s most tattooed doctor reveals how people react to her sprawling inkings
Shown on the star
Dr Sarah Gray, from Adelaide, got her first inking when she was just 16-years-old and has since spent 300 hours under the needle.
She now has dozens of designs etched into her skin, referring to herself as an “art collector”.
While the 30-year-old is happy with her appearance, others aren’t so accepting of her quirky looks.
But although she is respected at work, she is treated differently when she carries out her daily errands.
The Aussie doctor claims she has been turned away at restaurants and casinos due to her inkings.
She also recalls being ignored by shop assistants when she is out looking for clothes.
She told Daily Mail Australia: “They all served other customers first and wouldn’t even make eye contact with me.
“I waited politely for ages and eventually gave up and left.
“They did themselves out of a sale and I saved myself $1,000 (£780), so I guess that’s one bonus!”
But while strangers aren’t always accepting of her tattoos, she has no regrets.
She admitted that the “outcome far outweighs the adversity” as she has been able to meet so many like-minded people.
The inking enthusiast said: “Through the tattooing industry I found my soul mate.
“I have friends scattered all around the world and I’m able to be a positive role model for those around me as a colourful professional in a traditionally conservative industry, like medicine.”
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence