Woman slims herself into record books after losing 33 STONE in four years
A woman has slimmed her way into the record books by dropping an incredible 33 STONE.Amita Rajani, 42, from western India, weighed 47st 3lbs before her incredible transformation began in 2015.
She now weighs just 13st 7lbs after becoming the heaviest Asian woman to have successfully undergone weight loss surgery.
Surgeon Dr Shashank Shah helped her battle the bulge with a series of procedures.
And the doctor is now in the process of getting her achievement registered in India’s Limca Book of Records.
Ms Rajani said: “Earlier, I was bed-ridden but I am independent now, and can move freely after battling the bulge.
“I can wear clothes of my choice and live life the way I want to. I’m on cloud 9 and would like to thank Dr. Shah for helping me cut down those excess kilos.”
Rajani had a normal birth, weighing 6lbs and 9oz, but she started piling on weight at the age of six.
At 16, she weighed a massive 19st 11lbs and couldn’t perform basic daily activities.
Specialists from India and the UK were unable to find the exact cause of her obesity.
It is believed she piled on the pounds as a result of a rare condition.
Amita’s misery continued as she ballooned to a whopping 47st 3lbs over the next decade – and was soon unable to step out of the house.
Her family were worried as she would require constant assistance.
For eight years before her surgery, she was confined to bed.
She was referred to Dr Shah who suggested bariatric surgery.
She was diagnosed with super morbid obesity, high cholesterol, kidney dysfunction, type II diabetes, and breathing problems.
Doctors decided to divide her surgery into two stages.
In 2015, she underwent first stage metabolic surgery which was a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
Later, her condition started improving and she lost a lot of weight and could walk on her own.
In 2017, a second surgery – gastric bypass was performed on Amita, who weighed 22st then.
Dr Shah said: “Obesity is next to cancer or HIV, and is the mother of all diseases and is more common in women compared to men.
“Today, after four years of surgery, she is free from health issues like diabetes and blood pressure .
“Her kidneys are functioning normally, and she has been asked to stick to her diet as well.
“Now, we are in a process to get Amita’s case registered in the Limca Book of Records.”
Amita’s mother, Mamta Rajani, told of her difficulties in raising her and her joy at Amita’s weight loss.
“I faced a lot of difficulties while taking care of Amita,” said Mamta.
“I can’t even put it in words how much painful and appalling it was to see my daughter in such an unpleasant condition.
“Amita couldn’t move at all so I used to help her do chores like, changing clothes and serving her food as she couldn’t take it by herself.
“But, finally our prayers were heard and Amita is back in shape now.
“I would like to give all the credit to Dr Shah who is a knight in shining armour for us.”
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend