Woman lives life to the full despite the 4kg tumours growing on her legs
Over the years, the rare condition has led to tumours developing on her legs.
The 28-year-old is unable to work due to her health problems.
Despite this, she is determined to maintain a positive attitude in life.
Throughout her childhood, tumours began growing on her legs and hips.
Even though she undertook various surgeries in her adolescent years, the growths are now 4kg in weight.
The Brazilian woman said: “When I was a child I only had little dark moles, the disease evolved when I was 14-15 years old.
“And it went on growing, growing, growing and growing…
“My fear is that the disease never stops growing, and it will reach a point when I wouldn’t know what to do.”
As she’s in and out of hospital and her mobility is so restricted, she’s been left unable to work.
Neurofibromatosis has also led to her developing scoliosis.
She said: “My left side, it is completely affected – I can’t see with my left eye.”
She admitted: “I learned how to deal with prejudice. Before I used to suffer more. Now I deal with it better.
“Prejudice is always going to exist. From various people, with various problems, you know.”
Thankfully, the young woman’s loved ones are very supportive of her.
She said: “My family always accepted me the way that I am.
“They learned to deal with the situation. My mother, accompanying me in doctors, exams, consultations, trips.”
She said: “In this last year when the disease has affected me more, I felt shy of exposing myself, of taking pictures, of being recorded.
“But now I try to overcome my insecurities.
“I try to expose myself more, especially because there are many people who have the same disease who have reached out to me…
“You have to show yourself, you have to talk about the disease, you don’t need to be embarrassed.
“You don’t have to stay at home hiding and being depressed because you have a disease, you don’t have to think there is no solution, because there is.”
She said: “I need to do surgeries, to go on removing as much as I can and as soon as possible so it doesn’t spread out more throughout the body.”
The Rodini family has also set-up a Go Fund Me Page to help Karina.
Reported on the star
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend