Woman lives life to the full despite the 4kg tumours growing on her legs
Over the years, the rare condition has led to tumours developing on her legs.
The 28-year-old is unable to work due to her health problems.
Despite this, she is determined to maintain a positive attitude in life.
Throughout her childhood, tumours began growing on her legs and hips.
Even though she undertook various surgeries in her adolescent years, the growths are now 4kg in weight.
The Brazilian woman said: “When I was a child I only had little dark moles, the disease evolved when I was 14-15 years old.
“And it went on growing, growing, growing and growing…
“My fear is that the disease never stops growing, and it will reach a point when I wouldn’t know what to do.”
As she’s in and out of hospital and her mobility is so restricted, she’s been left unable to work.
Neurofibromatosis has also led to her developing scoliosis.
She said: “My left side, it is completely affected – I can’t see with my left eye.”
She admitted: “I learned how to deal with prejudice. Before I used to suffer more. Now I deal with it better.
“Prejudice is always going to exist. From various people, with various problems, you know.”
Thankfully, the young woman’s loved ones are very supportive of her.
She said: “My family always accepted me the way that I am.
“They learned to deal with the situation. My mother, accompanying me in doctors, exams, consultations, trips.”
She said: “In this last year when the disease has affected me more, I felt shy of exposing myself, of taking pictures, of being recorded.
“But now I try to overcome my insecurities.
“I try to expose myself more, especially because there are many people who have the same disease who have reached out to me…
“You have to show yourself, you have to talk about the disease, you don’t need to be embarrassed.
“You don’t have to stay at home hiding and being depressed because you have a disease, you don’t have to think there is no solution, because there is.”
She said: “I need to do surgeries, to go on removing as much as I can and as soon as possible so it doesn’t spread out more throughout the body.”
The Rodini family has also set-up a Go Fund Me Page to help Karina.
Reported on the star
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence