Winners in the style stakes! Aintree racegoers defy the rain and chilly temperatures as they don plunging dresses with VERY daring hemlines on day one of the festival
It may not have the high society sheen of Royal Ascot, but today the ladies of Liverpool proved they can more than hold their own in the style stakes as they got the Aintree Grand National Festival 2019 off to a glamorous start.
Arriving at the three-day event in a flurry of towering heels, plunging necklines and thigh-skimming hemlines, they proved that chilly April temperatures are no barrier when it comes to fashion.
Some were seen doing battle with the elements, however, as revellers struggled to hold on to their umbrellas and covered their heads with their coats to prevent their perfectly coiffed hair being ruined.
More than 150,000 are expected at the three-day meeting, which is in its 180th year and hosts the showpiece Grand National race on Saturday afternoon.
The first guests brought with them a splash of colour, boasting bare arms and floral red ensembles, posing as they prepared for a day of festivities.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence