Winners in the style stakes! Aintree racegoers defy the rain and chilly temperatures as they don plunging dresses with VERY daring hemlines on day one of the festival
It may not have the high society sheen of Royal Ascot, but today the ladies of Liverpool proved they can more than hold their own in the style stakes as they got the Aintree Grand National Festival 2019 off to a glamorous start.
Arriving at the three-day event in a flurry of towering heels, plunging necklines and thigh-skimming hemlines, they proved that chilly April temperatures are no barrier when it comes to fashion.
Some were seen doing battle with the elements, however, as revellers struggled to hold on to their umbrellas and covered their heads with their coats to prevent their perfectly coiffed hair being ruined.
More than 150,000 are expected at the three-day meeting, which is in its 180th year and hosts the showpiece Grand National race on Saturday afternoon.
The first guests brought with them a splash of colour, boasting bare arms and floral red ensembles, posing as they prepared for a day of festivities.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend