We’ve all been stirring our tea wrong – ‘correct’ method can make it taste better
There’s nothing better than a nice cup of tea, and a warm brew in your favourite mug can fix all sorts of problems.
But apparently there’s a way we can make our tea ever tastier, and it’s actually less work.
According The Jockey Club’s etiquette expert Neil Phillips most of us are making a key mistake when stirring.
We don’t know about you, but we leave the tea to brew, add the milk and sugar then stir in a circle a few times. Wrong.
Apparently we should be stirring in straight lines from the top to the bottom of the top of your mug rather than around the cup.
Speaking to Mirror Online, he explains: “It is about going from six to 12 very gently.
“If you’re adding sugar it will allow it to dissolve properly. If you just stir it it will all fall to the bottom.
“You don’t need to do it for long, just a few goes.
“It just allows the tea and milk to blend together.”
So there you go!
Neil also shared some other tips when we caught up with him ahead of this year’s Cheltenham Festival.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend