We’ve all been stirring our tea wrong – ‘correct’ method can make it taste better
There’s nothing better than a nice cup of tea, and a warm brew in your favourite mug can fix all sorts of problems.
But apparently there’s a way we can make our tea ever tastier, and it’s actually less work.
According The Jockey Club’s etiquette expert Neil Phillips most of us are making a key mistake when stirring.
We don’t know about you, but we leave the tea to brew, add the milk and sugar then stir in a circle a few times. Wrong.
Apparently we should be stirring in straight lines from the top to the bottom of the top of your mug rather than around the cup.
Speaking to Mirror Online, he explains: “It is about going from six to 12 very gently.
“If you’re adding sugar it will allow it to dissolve properly. If you just stir it it will all fall to the bottom.
“You don’t need to do it for long, just a few goes.
“It just allows the tea and milk to blend together.”
So there you go!
Neil also shared some other tips when we caught up with him ahead of this year’s Cheltenham Festival.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence