Tragic grandma with ‘MELTING FACE’ won’t have operation in case she dies during surgery
They spread across her face making her go blind and twisting and deforming her nose and mouth.
After several decades the unsightly growths started to droop from her face — giving it the appearance that it’s melting.
The condition is believed to be a severe disease related to the genetic condition neurofibromatosis.
Her condition came to national attention after medics were contacted to help her.
But now she refuses to have treatment.
Wiang, a mum-of-one and grandma-of-two, told local media: “I have had this problem for a long time. More than I can remember.
She said she is afraid of having surgery at her age.
“If I have an operation I might never wake up. I’m afraid I would not survive it.”
A local woman Praew Wattana, 22, was shocked by Wiang’s plight and contacted health workers.
She said she had asked the grandma about her condition, and that she did not beg for anything.
“I’d really like to see her receive help,” she said.
Dr Sunura Ourairat, President of Rangsit University, visited Wiang on the street on Friday to offer to get her face seen to.
“We are welcome and ready to help with surgery but she is afraid of dying,” he said.
Neurofibromatosis often starts in childhood and causes tumours to grow on the nerve tissue.
Its severity depends on the sufferer and usually in the developed world it is treated in the early stages with surgery, which Wiang may well have not had access to in rural Thailand.
This week two parents spoke of their heartbreak after a rare condition caused their baby boy’s head to swell to three times its natural size.
Reported via the dailystar online
- Barbie wannabe, 19, spends £14k a year on surgery to look like favourite doll
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus