The Simpsons to be ‘CANCELLED’ after 30 years on air
The Simpsons is one of the longest running TV shows ever made, but a recent big change could be about to bring that to an end.
The beloved cartoon has been going for 30 seasons, and there’s at least two more to come after Fox renewed the show through to 2021.
However, Fox recently merged with rival company Disney, and with the big change came concerns that the company could end up cancelling shows that it doesn’t consider “family friendly”.
“If you’re going to mess with that, that’s some pretty risky territory.
“So my feeling is — and I could be completely wrong — is that they would cancel it before they would change it [creatively].”
Earlier this year, the creators of the show axed a classic episode from circulation.
The episode, titled Stark Raving Dad, was removed because it features the voice of Michael Jackson.
It came in response to two-part documentary Leaving Neverland.
The film, which aired on HBO last month, detailed accusations made by Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck who claim the star sexually abused them and groomed them as children at his Neverland estate.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence