The Jeremy Kyle Show to return as teen mum launches petition? ‘Changed so many lives’
as reported by daily star
The Jeremy Kyle Show had Britain gripped since 2005 and reportedly attracted a whopping 750,000 rating per episode until its cancellation.
Jeremy Kyle’s show was axed recently after criticism from the public and government, following the alleged suicide of Steve Dymond a week after failing a lie-detector test on the show.
Although many fans were devastated it was taken off air, a 17-year-old mum has launched an online campaign to demand its return. Teen mum Paighton Hendy jumped into action and set up a petition on Change.org.
Paighton explained that she doesn’t think it’s “fair” that the show’s host has been slammed over the death of his guest.
Speaking out to Bristol Live, she said: “I don’t think it’s fair that Jeremy Kyle has had to face this criticism on social media and I don’t think his show should be cancelled permanently in light of what happened – especially when the government are failing so many people who have been driven to suicide.
“There could be so many factors behind what had led this man to decide to take his own life, and I don’t think it’s right to put all the blame on one TV programme
that has helped so many families over the years and changed so many lives.”
Another shared: “I want it back, it wasn’t his fault.”
While a third wrote: “You’re not forced to go on the show, plus look at all the good things the show has done ie rehab, putting families back together and helping children with disabilities.”
Following the incident, the Commons media select committee will investigate whether TV companies give guests enough support and Ofcom is considering updating its code of conduct.
Speaking out about the show being whipped off air, ITV’s CEO Carolyn McCall said in a statement: “Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show.
“The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end.”
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend