Superdrug launches BOTOX and dermal filler treatments in stores
While Botox and fillers used to be reserved for the rich and famous, they’ve now become more mainstream.
To keep up with demand, new procedures and surgeries are springing up all the time.
So it should probably come to no surprise that Superdrug has now launched its own cosmetic service.
After a consultation, customers who are over the age of 25 can get injected from £99.
This is significantly cheaper than similar treatments on the market, with Harley Street charging £300 for Botox sessions.
All Superdrug procedures are carried out in a private consultation room by qualified nurses.
“We’re launching this service in response to customer demand for anti-wrinkle and skin rejuvenation treatments.
“People are telling us they want the reassurance that treatments will be given by nurse practitioners trained to the highest standards.”
While the procedures will now be more accessible than ever, Brits are urged to think carefully before braving the needle.
“It is still a medical treatment with benefits and also significant risks, and people should be aware of that.”
Consultant plastic surgeon Gerard Lambe added: “While Superdrug may be hiring medically trained nurses, it is crucial members of the public do not treat having Botox and dermal fillers as casual beauty treatments, like brow threading or waxing.
“Administering an injection of any kind is a very serious procedure and requires an experienced and qualified health professional.
“All kinds of risks can arise, from infection, to incorrectly applied needle placement over delicate facial muscles – which can lead to paralysis.”
Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Gerard Lambe
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend