Mum says she has a better body in her 40s than she did in her 20s after losing 2st
Reported by the daily star
Shannon Collins says you can reverse signs of ageing by living a healthy lifestyle.
The 40-year-old is proof that it’s possible to turn back the clock – as she’s undergone a dramatic transformation in recent years.
But when she became a mum, the US woman found it difficult to shed her baby weight.
This, paired with the fact she was running a restaurant, led to her piling on the pounds.
She remembered: “My bad habits continued after having kids and caught up with me in my thirties.
“Life as a parent, being a restaurant owner and working as a nurse had me comforting myself in food.”
“The stress of my job, owning a pizza restaurant with (my husband) Chris, who was working all the time, this all led me to eat whatever was convenient.
“I was eating fast food, greasy meals and ice cream constantly. We also ate out a lot because we are so busy, and I love pizza, chips and donuts.”
The mum decided to lose weight at the end of 2015, when she realised she weighed 2.5st more than when she was nine stone pregnant.
The 11st 6lbs woman vowed to re-vamp her diet, opting for a low carb and high protein regime.
Determined not to let her weight creep back up, she read up on macro counting on Instagram and decided to try it.
This helped the mum to shed even more fat – and she now weighs a healthy 9st 4lbs.
The size 6 woman believes she looks better than ever.
She said: “Eating in such a balanced way and knowing the right amount of calories my body needs, it’s enabled my body to respond well.
“I’m so proud of myself and I feel like I look the best I ever have in my entire life…
“Just because you’re a mother in your 40s or 50s, it doesn’t mean your body can’t look like you’re in your 20s, maybe even better, anyone can do it.”
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence