Mother-of-three, 44, who is mistaken for a woman half her age reveals the secret to her youthful looks
A mother-of-three, who is often mistaken for being half her age, has revealed the secrets behind her youthful appearance.
Abigail O’Neill, 44, from Byron Bay, New South Wales, has been mistaken for the sister of her children, Charlotte, 25, Rory, 23, and Ryan, 20, instead of their mother countless times.
The model, who is married to builder Gerri, 55, claims her age-defying look is down to following a completely natural and organic skincare routine throughout her entire life.
Abigail uses edible household ingredients such as honey, sea salt, coconut oil and cocoa powder on her skin – while also incorporating other natural elements such as fresh aloe vera, epsom salts and an assortment of essential oils, as part of her beauty regime.
‘People always guess that I’m in my twenties. They are shocked when I tell them my real age.
‘My skincare is 100 per cent totally natural, organic and cold pressed.
‘The ingredients I choose to use on my skin are so utterly nature derived that they usually come from my own garden or organic kitchen.
‘The best part is it’s all completely chemical-free. Don’t underestimate its potency when it comes to delivering precious antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and probiotics.
She said she believes avoiding ‘all those chemicals topically’ has given her ‘flawless skin’.
Abigail’s skincare routine
- Exfoliate whole body with organic homemade body scrub made of Epsom salt, sea salt and essential oils three times a week.
- Moisturise whole body with a light application of raw organic coconut oil.
- Moisturise face with pure organic fresh aloe vera inner gel and cold pressed organic rose hip oil.
- Soak in the bath followed by cold blast of water
- Raw crystallised honey face exfoliation followed by a honey and cacao powder face mask
- Pure essential oils rubbed into the face.
- Cacao butter rubbed into the face as a rich night moisturiser three times a week.