Man with 5st scrotum reveals he couldn’t have sex for NINE years
Shown on the daily star
The 40-year-old was left a “prisoner in his own body” when lymphedema made his scrotum swell to 5st.
Over the last nine years, the debilitating illness has prevented him from walking with ease, using the toilet and having sex with his wife.
But his wife Mindy, who he has been with for almost 20 years, initially reassured him nothing was wrong.
She remembered: “We went out for a romantic hotel getaway and down in his scrotal area seemed more puffy than normal.
“It was small enough so we just wrote it off as him being heavy and he said he would just lose some weight and it would go away.”
The concerned patient consulted his doctor, but was told nothing could be done until he lost weight.
He recalled: “We went to our doctor and he was baffled, he’d never seen anything like it.
“He basically said ‘you’re fat and there’s really nothing we can do until you lose at least 100 to 150lbs’.”
As his genitals ballooned to 5st, he was unable to carry out everyday tasks.
Speaking on a TLC show in 2015, Dan said: “It’s made me a prisoner of my own body, it’s like carrying a ball and chain.
“The best way I could describe the weight to someone would be to imagine splitting open your scrotum and put in three large bowling balls then sew it back up and carry it around.
“I’m constantly in pain and it’s a lot of weight on your back, so it’s very hard for me to move.”
He said: “When it was smaller I could lift it onto the toilet and pee into the toilet, but when it got bigger there was always a chance I would make a mess so it was easier to pee into the shower stall and rinse it down with the water.”
It also began impacting his marriage, as he couldn’t have sex with his wife Mindy for nine years.
Thankfully, the patient was eventually able to get the help he needed.
This procedure was far from easy, as eight surgeons and 12 theatre staff worked for 14 hours to remove the growth.
Three years on, Dan seems to be finding life a lot easier.
Speaking on his GoFundMe page, he told his followers: “I am pretty good. I still need to lose more weight but it is something I have struggled with my whole life.
“Again thank you for giving me a second chance at life, and I can look forward to sharing it with you all. Forever grateful.”
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence