‘Instagram vs reality’ exposes what influencers’ ‘flawless’ photos should really look like
As reported by the mirror
It shouldn’t need spelling out, but here we go – sometimes social media isn’t 100% representative of the truth.
Your favourite influencers could be some of the worst culprits when it comes to this “smoke and mirrors” approach, which probably doesn’t shock you.
What IS shocking is what these images look like from a different angle, or before make-up and filters have been applied, or before they’ve been digitally tweaked.
Before all of this happens, what’s reassuring is that these celebs and influencers aren’t really any different to the rest of us.
As these “look behind the scenes” or “before” photos all show, there’s a whole bag of trickery being used.
Kylie Jenner , who already has a figure that’s the envy of many anyway, was caught shamelessly airbrushing a picture of herself at the Met Gala.
By the look of it, Jenner had photoshopped her wasit to look even thinner.
The irony is she captioned the photo with: “Shout out to my beautiful glam goddesses.”
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence