How Slimmer of the Year lost half her bodyweight to show bullies they were wrong
“I remember once someone threw food at me in the school canteen and made the remark ‘she’ll eat it, she eats everything’.”
This is just one of the vile comments from school bullies that Lucie Hadley still remembers vividly.
She was bullied so badly that she had to move classes several times and often faked sickness so she could go home early.
And it wasn’t just her school life which was difficult, and she used to dread girly shopping trips with her mum and sister.
She said: “When I was at school barely a day would go by when people wouldn’t mention my weight.
“School life was very upsetting for me and I moved classes many times because of bullying. I lost count of the amount of times I would go home early pretending to be ill because of the cruel things people used to say.
She said: “I met my boyfriend Sam when I was at my biggest and he always told me that I was beautiful, but I just couldn’t see it for myself.
“One night I was talking to Sam and I realised that by worrying about my weight I’d lost out on all of my fun, spontaneous teenage years.
“I’d already spent my childhood feeling miserable about my weight and now I was heading into adulthood feeling the same way.
“It was a bit of a lightbulb moment and I knew something had to change.
After watching her mum try the dieting programme, she decided to sign herself up as well.
She said: “Mum seemed to be getting along well at Slimming World and the food she was eating looked delicious so after a bit of persuading I decided to join her group.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence