Hollyoaks star thanks ‘wonderful cast and crew’ as she announces she’s quitting
It is the end of an era for Hollyoaks actress Lucy-Jo Hudson as she has revealed she is quitting the soap after a year of work.
The 35-year-old TV star has played Donna-Marie Quinn since July 2018 but bowed out of the Channel 4 soap on Friday 26 April 2019.
Lucy’s character certainly brought action and drama to the award winning show as she played a played a saucy stripper and prostitute.
But it looks like her character won’t be dancing for money on-screen again any time soon as Lucy revealed she is bidding the soap farewell.
“Goodbye @hollyoaksofficial it has been a real pleasure playing skanky Donna-Marie for the past 12 months,” she announced on Instagram on Friday.
“Not gonna miss the teeth that’s for sure …. but Thankyou for making me feel welcome…. wonderful cast and crew!!!” she continued.
She added that she hopes the show will go from strength to strength without her.
“Good luck with the @thebritishsoapawards #donnamarie #goodbye #shesbangedup #whereshebelongs #lastdayoffilming,” she wrote.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence