High blood pressure symptoms: Eat this tasty fruit to lower bp naturally
High blood pressure impacts one in four people living in the UK, according to the NHS.
This is worrying given that hypertension can increase patients’ risk of heart disease and stroke.
Thankfully, there are various steps you can take to lower your bp naturally – including tweaking your diet.
And apparently, chomping down on some strawberries could be beneficial.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition explored the impact of the berry on blood pressure.
Scientists analysed data from more than 156,000 patients.
They looked into the dietary habits of these participants, before tracking how many ate the fruit.
Those who consumed anthocyanins had an 8% reduction in risk of hypertension.
Researchers concluded: “Anthocyanins and some flavone and flavan-3-ol compounds may contribute to the prevention of hypertension.”
As research is still in its infancy, making more healthy changes to your diet is advisable.
The NHS advises Brits to reduce the amount of salt they are consuming, as this raises bp.
As well as this, patients are warned to follow a balanced diet and only drink alcohol in moderation.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend