High blood pressure symptoms: Eat this tasty fruit to lower bp naturally
High blood pressure impacts one in four people living in the UK, according to the NHS.
This is worrying given that hypertension can increase patients’ risk of heart disease and stroke.
Thankfully, there are various steps you can take to lower your bp naturally – including tweaking your diet.
And apparently, chomping down on some strawberries could be beneficial.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition explored the impact of the berry on blood pressure.
Scientists analysed data from more than 156,000 patients.
They looked into the dietary habits of these participants, before tracking how many ate the fruit.
Those who consumed anthocyanins had an 8% reduction in risk of hypertension.
Researchers concluded: “Anthocyanins and some flavone and flavan-3-ol compounds may contribute to the prevention of hypertension.”
As research is still in its infancy, making more healthy changes to your diet is advisable.
The NHS advises Brits to reduce the amount of salt they are consuming, as this raises bp.
As well as this, patients are warned to follow a balanced diet and only drink alcohol in moderation.
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence