Cheaters possess three specific personality traits, claims relationship expert
We’ve all heard someone utter the words “once a cheater, always a cheater”, but have you ever wondered if that’s true?
Well, you won’t have to wonder for much longer, because thankfully a relationship expert has shed some light on the dating cliché.
Sydney based love guru, Dr Lurve has opened up about the topic in an interview with sporteluxe.com.
And as part of the piece, she revealed that people are more likely to cheat if they possess three specific personality traits.
The expert explained: “There are certain personality traits someone can possess that make them more prone to cheating, thus fitting the ‘always a cheater’ stigma.
“Whether this person is in a relationship with someone great or dealing with a dissatisfying partner, they will find some way to cheat – it’s how they are wired, but this doesn’t necessarily mean they are a bad person.”
She continues: “There are many reasons why people cheat, and for the most part it has nothing to do with the victim in the situation; it’s about the offender and their self-destructive tendencies.”
So what are these traits?
According to Dr Lurve, cheaters tend to have personalities which are less empathetic , disinterested and they often tend to put their own needs before those of others.
She said: “People are more likely to cheat if their personality is less empathetic, they are disinterested or passive in most circumstances, and tend to put their own needs before others.
“On the other hand, someone who is very religious, conservative or holds high moral standards is less likely to cheat due to their concrete belief system.”
According to the researchers, men who stray cannot keep a poker face.
Their findings also stated that men and women could in fact predict when a man was being unfaithful to a decent degree of accuracy simply by looking at a photo.
Interestingly, women were pretty much impossible to read.
Male cheats will quite often have more typically masculine “angular” features.
These include squarer jaws and chins and prominent brows.
Reported on the daily mirror
- House goes on sale for £1.3m - but photos of inside leave people feeling 'ill'
- Man tries 'dead grandad' line on girl and gets rejected by the entire internet
- Scotty T declared bankrupt as ex-Geordie Shore star blows hundreds of thousands
- Potato the googly-eyed cat's stunned expression makes people think he's 'broken'
- Katie Price 'plans to ruin Peter Andre’s Christmas by leaking explosive marriage secrets'
- Boy, 6, born with 'tail' is worshipped as a monkey god but parents hide him away
- EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy's incredible body transformation after overhauling her lifestyle
- Katie Price's most outrageously x-rated photos 23 years on from Page 3 debut
- Pregnant Josie Cunningham looks unrecognisable after glam makeover
- Bodybuilding grandmother, 48, with 17 inch biceps was 'shy and awkward' before weightlifting finally gave her confidence