Cheaters possess three specific personality traits, claims relationship expert
We’ve all heard someone utter the words “once a cheater, always a cheater”, but have you ever wondered if that’s true?
Well, you won’t have to wonder for much longer, because thankfully a relationship expert has shed some light on the dating cliché.
Sydney based love guru, Dr Lurve has opened up about the topic in an interview with sporteluxe.com.
And as part of the piece, she revealed that people are more likely to cheat if they possess three specific personality traits.
The expert explained: “There are certain personality traits someone can possess that make them more prone to cheating, thus fitting the ‘always a cheater’ stigma.
“Whether this person is in a relationship with someone great or dealing with a dissatisfying partner, they will find some way to cheat – it’s how they are wired, but this doesn’t necessarily mean they are a bad person.”
She continues: “There are many reasons why people cheat, and for the most part it has nothing to do with the victim in the situation; it’s about the offender and their self-destructive tendencies.”
So what are these traits?
According to Dr Lurve, cheaters tend to have personalities which are less empathetic , disinterested and they often tend to put their own needs before those of others.
She said: “People are more likely to cheat if their personality is less empathetic, they are disinterested or passive in most circumstances, and tend to put their own needs before others.
“On the other hand, someone who is very religious, conservative or holds high moral standards is less likely to cheat due to their concrete belief system.”
According to the researchers, men who stray cannot keep a poker face.
Their findings also stated that men and women could in fact predict when a man was being unfaithful to a decent degree of accuracy simply by looking at a photo.
Interestingly, women were pretty much impossible to read.
Male cheats will quite often have more typically masculine “angular” features.
These include squarer jaws and chins and prominent brows.
Reported on the daily mirror
- Barbie wannabe, 19, spends £14k a year on surgery to look like favourite doll
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus