Brit left ‘looking like Quasimodo’ after sun poisoning horror on holiday
She had been using Malibu’s Fast Tanning Oil during the day, but there is no evidence this was the reason behind her reaction.
The waitress and her sports-coach boyfriend, Callum, 25, travelled to the holiday hotspot last June.
But after a few days in the sun, her skin started feeling “mushy”
Callum can be seen in the background cluelessly staring at his girlfriend.
Bethany later said: ”I looked a bit like Quasimodo. Or that creep from the film Wrong Turn.
“It just didn’t look real. My eyes were swollen shut. I didn’t look like a person.”
She said she felt “really under the weather” after their first day, spent around the Grand Pasa Hotel pool.
But when the pair woke up the next morning, Callum got the fright of his life after the girl’s face had ballooned.
Bethany added that her forehead felt “a little mushy like it was full of water”.
They later went to the hotel concierge and a nurse called for a doctor who diagnosed Bethany with sun poisoning.
She had a couple of injections and was given tablets to treat the severe swelling.
A spokesperson for Malibu said: “There are many possible causes of the reaction and we suggest that she seeks the opinion of a doctor or dermatologist.
“It is possible that she is allergic to something she has put on her skin, all ingredients we use in our products are common ingredients and we believe it would be in her interest to find out what it is that she is allergic to.
“The product she has used has no SPF inside. It is just a tanning oil and we advise on the bottle for ‘dark skin’ and we reiterate that it provides no protection from the sun.
“This is the first complaint we have received with regards to this particular product.”
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend