1. You don’t brush your teeth after you eat.
This may sound like a weird way to keep weight off but it actually works. Late night snacks are sure-fire way to gain weight. If you brush your teeth right after dinner, you may be less tempted to grab that late night Netflix snack because you won’t want to brush again.
2. You eat the most at dinner time.
Most people think dinner should be the biggest meal of the day, but this isn’t actually right. Loading up on calories at night, won’t give you the time to burn them off again. This will cause you to gain weight.
3. You drink in the evening.
I know I enjoy a glass of wine or two in the evening, but exceeding that can make you gain weight fast. Alcohol consumed at night means extra calories in the form of sugar, which ends up being stored as belly fat. So, yes it’s okay to have a drink or two each night, but reaching for the third or fourth is where it starts to catch up with you.
4. You eat dinner on the couch.
We know that it is better to eat at the table than on the couch, but do you know why? It can actually lead to weight gain. This happens because when you’re distracted by watching the TV, you’re not thinking about how much you’re eating.
This causes you to eat more without even thinking about it. Also, if you’re not paying attention to eating, this doesn’t register in your brain so, you are more likely to eat something later because your brain doesn’t remember eating because it didn’t process it at the time.
5. You crash on the couch.
I am 100% guilty of this one. When I get home from a long day all I want to do is crash on the couch and watch some Netflix.
6. You take pills before bed.
Although it is necessary for some of us to take medication before bed, certain medications can cause an increase in glucose when taken before bed. Others can trigger an increased appetite. Talk to your doctor to see if your medication could be causing you to gain weight. If it is a prescribed medication, don’t stop taking it without your doctors permission.
7. You are staring at screens before bed.
Being on our computers or phones causes us to have poor sleeping habits, we know this by now. What we didn’t know is that it can actually cause you to gain weight. The blue light produced by our electronic screens increases our stress hormones.
We all know that stress makes you gain weight. This can even happen if you live a very healthy lifestyle. The best way to avoid this type of weight gain is to turn your devices off about an hour before you go to bed.
- Katie Price risks losing messy mansion after fresh bid for bankruptcy
- Gemma Collins shows off three stone weight loss on night out in fancy floral gown
- Katie Price's brutally ravaged face and weeping surgical scars revealed in full
- Fears for Katie Price after she is 'dragged out of boozer stumbling' by Kris Boyson
- Bruised and swollen Katie Price, is swathed in surgical tape, following her latest batch of surgery and his 'half-price' nose job
- Kim Kardashian fan told his 'leaking bum implants were actually fake breasts'
- Ex on the Beach star Laura-Alicia Summers unveils £500k surgery transformation
- Katie Price gets 'bum op, face lift and another boob job in latest surgery spree
- Meet the inking addict who tattooed their eyes, penis and anus
- EastEnders' Clair Norris unrecognisable from Bernadette while on holiday with boyfriend